Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you do need to change the springs there is a tool available that allows you to leave the head on. With it you end up changing 4 springs on 2 different cylinders at the same time. It only takes about an hour to change all 16. Mancini sells the tool.

Rule of thumb: If you're running a 5/16 fuel line, you only need a single spring. If you're running a 3/8 fuel line you need a double spring. Oh, and don't forget to line up the dots on the springs and retainers otherwise your spring timing will be retarded.

At this point I'd rather take the engine out and get rid of the trw 2232 pistons and buy some eddy heads.

I like that line of thought much better...

I have the original 340 block all this rotating assy came out of which is freshly bored to .060, had the lifter galley plugs put in way back when, and the block is o-ringed from the massive compression those trw's had before I milled half the domes off. My intentions are to build a stroker when I win the lottery or sell the cuda.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a cheapo but the whole idea was to put the engine back almost the way it was so I could take it to the track and see what it would have done since I never got the chance back then. Basically proving to myself that my duster would have mopped the naysayers in my town.

'70 Duster - SDSS 436 W5 4spd (Gone)
'71 Dodge D100
'70 Dodge W100