Actually, they do include a tax directive letter with the vendor registration stickers when they send them out - but if you ask me, that whole "tax thing" regarding swap meets has sort of evolved into a vicious urban legend (or Weird N.J. legend...?) over the years... yeah, it was a point of focus with the N.J. Dept. of Treasury for a while - and yeah, a few larger vendors and pro dealers at the Englishtown Flea Market got hassled and fined, as I heard it... but let's not get too excited here - for the most part, the typical swap meet "vendor" is little more than a glorified yard sale participant, selling rusty odds and ends (OK, sometimes Hemi odds and ends...) - those that are set up as a business (i.e., trade name, selling new product inventory, etc.) are most likely set up as legit, sales tax collecting vendors anyway (like Jack's Auto Parts, etc.) so I don't see that the "tax thing" is largely significant to the success of the show...

I don't know though - maybe it's a hassle for out-of-state vendors to deal with in terms of collecting tax while doing business in N.J., so maybe that aspect is prohibitive to attracting a broader array of vendors... to that end, I noticed AAR Fiberglass wasn't here this year... I had bought a hood from him at last year's show, and they seemed to be doing well... bummer - maybe this is a worse issue than I am estimating...?

- Alan