One thing I find interesting, is that the 3 seperate main groups, show cars, racers, and swap guys, all have different complaints. That to me says they cant address even the big issues when thigns are broken down into smaller parts. The preg reg lane was non existent seveerral times during my times there. The organization of classes, test and tune runs, and exhibition runs was terrible over several years. The judging more recently has become an issue (not a show car guy myself, but friends have also mentionned this), prices were always high.I drive 3+ hours one way, andmy usual routine was to drive out Friday, stay at the hotel Friday night and Saturday night, eat out both nights, and pack a small cooler for the days' racing. I'd pre reg for racing both days. The hotel (motel 6, not the ritz...) was $80-90 per night single occupancy (ok, I lied when I made the reservations..lol), the racing was IIRC $38 each day, gas and tolls was $200 (back when it was 2.15 a gallon fullserve). I brought 4-6 rolls of film on trips I didnt race, and took pics constanly all day of the cars ont he track. I really enjoyed myself. Met Cha Cha Muldowney, Don Garlits, Herb McCandless, and others. It was well worth the trip. I'd love to see the show back where it used to be. Bad press is a result of bad experience in many cases, so a few "personality types" that complain about everything cant really be blamed. The orgainzers can be, and should be. WIth luck, they can be persuaded to make things better. Start with basics. Good solid help at the gates and track personnel. Reliable repectable judging. Even if not by Galen, a nice stock car can be judged easily by someone who is "in the know". (I've judge Chevy Nova shows before. it's not hard to judge a well done, correct car if you know a thing or two about cars.) Rushing because of rain doesnt make sense to me either. Pay out a little money for a few names to show. See if Mopar can commit something to it. Give them priority billing space, whatever they need. Seems like there is stuff that can be done to make it more of a draw. Basic stuff that makes it nice, even if it is expensive or a long trip.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.