I think the show used to draw a lot of spectators who came to see the cars for reference in their own restorations. I don't think the race is going to draw spectators from much distance. There were a lot less high quality restored original cars than I remember being at this show in the past. This is billed as a National Meet. There should be some prestige in attending and doing well which will bring people from further away to participate. I like to come up from Virginia to visit old friends. I am also proud to have won several beautiful Show Winner jackets there in the 1990's with a car I used to have. But, after spending $53.00 on tolls, $125 on fuel, $100 for the room (stayed at a friend's Fri. night), the expensive food and $8.00 for a bag of ice, and getting beat for 1st place by a driver with an aluminum radiator in 68-70 Plymouth B-body stock, I probably won't bring my car back to share with spectators like those who really enjoyed my car being there this past weekend. The head judge said that they were short-handed and he told his guys to give it their best guess without regard to the judging sheet just to get it done as fast as they could. The judge looked at my car for about a minute as it started to rain. The guy who won the class was nice and his car was cool but the best two cars got really slighted (Jimmy, your green GTX is super sharp). I think bad judging= less returning showcars=less spectators=less vendors. Again, this is the Mopar Atlantic Nationals, there should be some prestige in participating.

2649567-RRunner124kb.jpg (302 downloads)
Last edited by RoadRunnerJD; 05/24/06 01:23 PM.