Long post, Sorry....

I went to the E-Town show for the first time in many years even though I was told "the show has gone downhill", "it's dead" ...etc. It was much smaller than I remember from the early 90s, but I still had a blast.

Price of admission, attractions, judging, promotion, organization, time of year, all combine in the decline of the show.

COST...$25 each day to show, plus $12-$15 for the passenger/spectator. Carlisle is $35 pre-register for the car and 2 people, for the WHOLE weekend. I'm not sure what the gate price is for Carlisle.

JUDGING...I heard there were problems with judging or lack of it after the show. (although whoever judged the 68-70 B body light mod class was very thorough.) I am sure if they made it known that they were short-handed, there would be plenty of volunteers. Even if it were just to help tally up votes.

Promotion, attractions, organization...Ads in magazines, 4-5 months in advance. Post to websites, forums, etc. With the web it is not hard at all to get the word out. I know there was a tent with survivors, but get cars in advance and promote what will or might be there. Have a special theme tent. Certain years or something. I'm sure some people will complain about "copying Carlisle", but if it makes the show better, so be it. I'm not sure what retrictions E-Town has on racing now, but if there are some famous cars about to run or if some F.A.S.T. cars are running, announce it. Get people in the stands.

This thread is a step in the right direction. The promoters need to let us know what they want. If they want a certain type of car, ask us. If they have an idea, throw it out there and see what the response is.

Just some thoughts....