Quote:

Ryan, you knew where this thread would go.
I am a bracket racer, in fact I would race my lawnmower if my neighbor called me out...
Your title is/was a challenge to me anyone with a fast 59* motor.

Actually no, I did'nt expect the thread to go where it did. I thought it was pretty simple, I showed an engine combo THAT I HAVE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH until this point (so how am I "challenging" anyone? It's not my motor, and I have had nothing to do with it) and I posed it as a question (see the question mark at end of title line), could this be the most powerfull 59* combo ever? I did'nt state that it was... But I'm asking could it be? I think it might be.

I went back through the fastest car list and ran your actual #'s again, 2540 weight 149.75 MPH it's 655 HP. So, it's [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] close to Johnny's 416. I'd say that would make a great dyno shootout between the 2. I'd bet they were within 10-15 HP of each other.

And just for the record I've got nothing against you, or anyone. Including Bill R. I have bought parts off of Bill, I've met him in person several times, he's called me on occasion to ask about SB stuff etc. In fact he called me back when you were going to do a W8 motor and was inquiring about having me do work on those W8's you had. The SB Mopar world isa very small community and we all know each other, and respect each other. I'd say Bill and probably Dave Weber and maybe Joey Arrington are three off the world's foremost experts on SB Chrysler engines. Bill is great guy, fun to talk to, has very laid back attitude that I like. He's not uptight or secretive or cocky, he just tells it like it is.

And Rick, you know I love ya man , but patrick's reponse pretty much covered it. The MPH does'nt seem to be affected as much by the chassis. Granted yes you do have weather variables, converter slippage, aerodynamics of the car etc. And some of that you do have to take with grain of salt, but let's just look at one.... the DA. Let's throw out a hypothetical.... lets say you make a pass at -1000 feet and your car is 3 MPH faster than it ever has been... Obviously the calc will show higher HP..... and.... well that is because the motor actually WAS making more HP that day. Just because an engine may typically run at 2000 feet above and lets say make 600 HP does not mean that it is NOT really making 640 when it runs in exceptional air. It really made 640... so I think that would be a legit # to look at, granted like I said you'd have to take it with a grain of salt if the # was ran in exceptional air, or if a guys car is in fact a dragster VS a door car etc. As I said in one of my posts, I don't feel there is any concieveable way to actually measure with 100% certainty HP on ANY engine. There are too many variables in everything. I just think the weight and MPH takes more varibales out of it than running on various dynos which have proven to vary quite a bit. In other words I think we'd have better results taking your 416 out and putting it in MegaDarts car and compairng the MPH and weight of it in his car, VS the MPH/Weight in your car than we would if we took your 416 and ran it on Kammer & Kammers dyno one day and the next brought it out here to PA and ran it. I think we might see 60-80 HP difference on dyno... I bet we'd see less difference in the cars. I figure most racers generally race in air between 1000-2500 feet. Sorry to the guys in the Rockies...and higher elevations they do get screwed on comparisons like this, but at the same time, their motors running where ever they run are'nt making huge power, just simply due to lack of atmospheric pressure. There may be some killer 1000 HP W2 motors out in Colorado/Nebraska etc that would make that kind of power if ran in "normal" elevation... but I doubt it That's the way I look at it. Or I might be on crack.

Oh and Congrats on the 136+ MPH run that is pretty big pick up from last year. I guess my CNC W5's must not be COMPLETE junk.... 136.50 @ 3200 is 620 HP on the moroso. Now if you could just get that thing to run on pump gas like it should....it'd be even more impressive. Should have hand ported those heads..... should be another 20HP there, the CNC 5's are somewhat conservative.