Quote:

Ryan, I am not sure about this combo, but I do remember some of what I was told about it. It was a 340 powered Daytona. It was called the Yankee Peddler. While this may not make it as the most powerful, it was the most impressive small block I have seen run.

The car originally came out of NY. They were trying to get a 340 powered car into the 7's. The engine combo was something like 340, 17:1 compression, big roller, etc. When I saw the car run (in SD), it had a 340 with 15:1 compression and the rest of the goodies. On a cold day, it ran in the 8.70's.

They built a newer lighter car and sold the original peddler to a guy from Monticello, MN who ran it in SD. The then owner said they were near the 7's with the old car that wieghed in at about 1900 lbs with driver. From a long time ago, it seems he said they ran in the upper 150's. Sorry I don't have better info on the car. Maybe someone there (NY) has better info. This was some time ago.

Check the attachment on this one and the next one. Someone emailed me these pics a year or so ago, they claimed to be the owner, or builder of one or both of these cars ( I don't remember, I think he said he built them). I forget what he was asking me about exactly, but I just saved these pics and remember him telling me something about them. Don't remember any more about them, but these are the cars you are talking about.

2617307-mopar1378.jpg (447 downloads)