Quote:

Well I don't give a hoot about Riders dyno or anyone else's, in fact I'm tired of hearing about it.
So tell me this, how much hp to go .99 60' at 1800lbs, more then you've ever made I'll bet...
I'm sure SOB would be interested to hear what you think of his dyno sheet.

What does a .99 60' time in a BB Chevy powered RED have anything to do with 59 degree small blocks? If you gave me the MPH I could give you a decent idea of power comparison. Although the one things I will say about this caculator is, the further you go out on the extremes, the more it seems "skewed" ie. extremely light cars, or anything over 1000 HP and it get's a little "off" But for the middle of the road stuff between 2000-4000 lbs and 300-1000 HP it seems to be very close.

But anyhow I was asking about your old 59* motor, not some BB chevy, they can easily make over 1000... but...that's not the discussion. Like I said before I think your old W5 was in the 650 range, which certainly does not make it a slouch, it puts it right up there as one of the most powerfull I've heard of as well when compared to others based on track performance alone.

I TRIED to take the whole "dyno thing" out of this discussion by asking for 1/4 mile MPH and vehicle weight so we can run them through one simple calculator to make honest comparisons and yet everyone still is throwing around 600 HP, 700 HP this and that and is not backing anything up with track #'s and vehicle weight, other than Jeff and one other guy. And I'm sure their are SB GM combo's doing it.... but darn I don't recall them being part of the subject line of this post either. Do I think using a slide calculator is the "best" way to determine how two engines compare to each other power wise? Definitely not, but in my eyes it seems to be alot more accurate than trying to compare 2 engines run on two different dyno's, based purely on the fact that we have all seen the same engine go on different dyno's and put up vastly different #'s, telling me that comparing those 2 is really pointless. The "best" way would be to run two engines back to back on same day, same dyno, same operator etc. But even then there is still a little room for error and intrpretation, but... that really is'nt possible when trying to just evaluate various engines already running around the world now is it?

And again as I stated before NO I don't think 670 is the most "possible" out of a 59* SB Chrysler, I'm just stating that until someone shows me timeslips on something that putting it into the moroso calculator says it makes more..... well.... then so far this is about as much as I have ever heard of actually being made. And yes I have absolutely nothing to do with this engine until this point so I'm not posting this to brag about it etc. Lazerri picked out the cam, ICH did the CNC work, another guy did the VJ, the owner built it....
I was posting about it to stimulate conversation and thoughts. I'd LOVE to hear about someone else who has a NA 59* head 59* block motor making more, but I don't see anyone posting real world info on one. So what does this leave one to think? If there is one out there let's hear about it.

ONE thing is for certain........ dyno #'s as you can see are ALWAYS a hot topic, and will always be a good way to get a bunch of racers and engine builders to argue amungst each other LOL. It is certainly a topic that get's alot of people "fired up", alot of guys have VERY intense feelings about their Dyno #'s and it is entertaining from a psycological standpoint to see how these discussions affect people and what they type.

I read most of the dyno posts on here and other boards, whether it be SB, BB, Hemi, GM, Ford etc. And I've had customers who I've done heads for show me their sheets etc. And some #'s are just laughably high, some middle road and some surprisingly low. I tend to look more at where the peak TQ/HP is being made, how broad is the TQ curve, how far past peak HP does the power curve pull before it drops like a rock, what's the fuel curve look like etc. Those are the important things to look at when just having a set of #'s shoved in your face more so than how big the actual #'s are. Only time I pay a ton of attention to how big the #'s are is when I am dynoing a motor and I'm watching the #"s pop up on Wyndyn for the first time on a new combo. There is always that sense of excitement to see how close or far off you were to what you were trying to achieve. Aftr the initial #'s come up from there then you go back to repition and look at all the other data and try to use it to find more power.

And again, I'm not trying to start a war here , I'm basically looking to see if anyone knows of a NA 59* SBM combo that on the track has proven to make more power than the one I listed. Very simple... (at least I thought it was ) How we got skewed off into HP/CID and Chevy's and this dyno and that dyno, I'll never know.