Quote:

hey Ryan even though both of these are not small block's. could you tell me what these two diffrent cars make.this is my old car 3460 at 126.0 mph. my old car was never checked.
the second is 3600 pounds at 144 mph.his car was soposed to make 840 HP. sorry for getting off track.best of luck in your guy's small block shoot out.lol Mopar65

3460 @ 126 = 530
3600 @ 144 = 825

Eric: 3000 @ 136 = 578

QuickTree: The only "contest" that really matters is the one being played out every weekend on tracks all around the country. So far no one has seemily come too close other than MegDart to Johnny's 416 for a 59* head/59* block running Naturally Aspirated. Hell I've never built a 59* motor anywhere even close to it to be honest. I'd have to say the most powerfull 59* I've done to date was probably a 428 Batten rectangle port motor I just finished, it's not being dynoed, so we will just wait to see what it runs in car. But I don't think it is even within 50 HP of Johnny's 416. It does'nt have as much compression as I wanted to put in it and the heads no where near as good as an ICH 230 CNC from a design standpoint.

Something i was thinking about earlier were the old Glidden/DLI W2 Pro Stock motors. They should have made quite a bit of power but not sure I'd consider them a real 59* motor. DLI cut out the lifter bores and welded in relocated bores.