I got a call from Randy Warford this morning, Mel is recovering at home from what was thought to be simple hernia surgery. 2 hrs turned into 10 day in the hospital, and 2 months at home. Keep them in your thoughts.
Randy volenteered $500.00 to the pot, and said they will not be there for the obvious reasons.
I have talked with all the big sponsors of this event, with Charlie B. and Don bales. We decide that the checks will go to me. I plan to open a seperate acct. and when the race happens we will have a balance, divide it up at the conclusion of the event, and leave the event with a zero balance. We will pay Travis out of this acct. I will pay any fees related to the acct, and I am also going to take care of the design of the flyer, and the printing. I dont feel that this should come out of the acct. because I dont think you should pay to sponsor the event, and pay to advertise it. It should be minimal, and I have a few connections in that area to disperse them in parts stores, etc.
If you want to get on the flyer, we will have a cut off date, proably in a couple weeks, for the funds to be in the acct. If you dont want to send me the money, than you wont be on the flyers. This is going to be a very simple deal. The money will total X, we will pay everyone at the track, and we will go home. No waiting for 50 checks in the mail. If you want to have a contingency award, thats great. What I am handling is the purse that will be payed at the event, the real money.
I expect to have around 13K, maybe more based on participation of additional sponsors, and entry fees. I feel that 150.00 entry is fair, if people want to make it more, and make the purse bigger, I am fine with that. My payout model is based on 16 cars at 150.00

JET $1000.00
JESEL 5000.00
HOLT 2500.00 (THEY THINK THEY WANT TO SPLIT THEIRS BETWEEN THE 2 RACES)
BAUGHMAN AUTO 500.00
WARFORD 500.00
BUCKY 500.00
MR2 300.00

ENTRYS 2400.00

TOTAL 12700.00 AT THIS TIME

WINNER 55% 6985.00
R/U 25% 3175.00
SEMI 20% 762.00 EA.
1/4'S 8% 254.00 EA.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET SOME MORE, JESEL MAY ALTER THEIRS SLIGHTLY BECAUSE THEY SAID IT WILL BE PARTLY CONTINGENT. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN. NOWHERE IS THERE A LINE WHEN CW IS GOING TO KEEP ANY OF IT, I FEEL THAT LIKE ME OR NOT, I HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION WITH PEOPLES MONEY, AND TO TURN IT OVER TO AN ACCT. ETC IS JUST ANOTHER PERSON IN THE FOOD CHAIN TO COMPLICATE IT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO IS COMING SO WE CAN PUT YOUR NAMES ON THE FLYER, YOU CAN ANNOUNCE IT ON HERE, OR EMAIL ME. I WILL POST THE FLYER BEFORE WE PRINT IT. ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME.
517 531 3430

I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED SOME PRINT MEDIA GUYS FROM THE MAINSTREAM WORLD, AND WILL TRY TO GET SOME ADDITIONAL COVERAGE OTHER THAN MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE THAT NEGLECTED TO EVEN PUT A PICTURE IN FROM THE 08 NORWALK EVENT. I AM SURE PAUL WILSON WILL DO A FINE JOB THIS YEAR WITH THE EVENT.
TO SAY ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS A 100% PAYBACK EVENT, WITH NO ADMIN. FEES, NO BS, JUST $$$$ TO THE RACERS. I AM TRYING TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, AND IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO HANDLE IT FOR NORWALK, THATS FINE. I WILL BE GLAD TO CONTINUE TO WORK WITH CHARLIE B. AND CC EVENTS FROM NOW ON THOUGH.

CW

hemimilita.com We are racers, not daycare providers.