decal courtesy of drew olson of olson paint and body.

I think the real winners were the people that were able to participate in the event. All the fast cars were there, and it shows that all it takes is a little $$$ and some hype and there can be a race that everyone will come to. As I type this we are sitting in a wal-mart parking lot waiting for the tornado force winds to stop. We saw a travel trailer that blew off the hitch of a pickup about 15 mins before we could find somewhere to stop.

Since Ogburn never does the random thoughts anymore, I have a few.

thanks to Phil Painter, Flowmaster, M/T, Jesel, and Nitro Joe for making the race possible. Michael O bought 2 drums of gas for our use, payed our entry fee, and fed us friday night, plus he gave me 1K that I didnt plan on getting from the dutch for low et.

Thanks to Steve H for trusting me with his new car, and to the holts for doing a good job putting it together, he should be a force to be reckoned with.

Me and rains in the final again, seems like we always end up racing before its over, guess that means we always make a few rds.

thanks to my dad for helping me change convertors, and getting the cars turned around. I think people figure out quick that we dont have time to BS on race day, its always a total thrash.

It was nice to see Dave R make a few decent runs, I think he deserves a break, he has had alot of problems over the years, and he ran pretty good on saturday.

Too bad the PA. teams didnt make it out, I heard that they picked up 50 HP over the winter, would have been nice to see how that played out, I have an idea how it would have.

All in all I think 15 cars showing up to an independant race, is an accomplishment, and all went well with the exception of the track op trying to rip everyone off for 300$ to test. Guess I did ok to save my money.

later
cw

hemimilita.com We are racers, not daycare providers.