Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More verification that I am doing the right thing by not cutting up a car that is 1 of 1022 factory air grabber hood Road Runners built in 72 across all engines available. Add to that the car is factory TX9 Black so it's not a Hemi Cuda ragtop but still desirable in it's own clique.

Really really neat car, but i wouldn't let desirability/value keep you from modifying the car you want to modify. What should keep you from doing it is that you would always be behind the 8-ball physics-wise trying to make that car perform like a Z06 Vette. Pick a smaller, flatter, lighter car and be miles ahead. As i said before, even the same year Charger would be a measurably better choice, for a few reasons. 'Cut up' an early E-body, or an A-body. Be patient and find the perfect car to start with, and you'll be glad you did.

I like the weights Dan posted on the 65 - 67 Mustang notch back cars under 3100#'s that has to be a great starting point. There were boat loads of these cars made so cutting up another one is not a big deal, add some 200tw tires, decent suspension and steering and how can you possibly go wrong. The only thing better would be a Cobra or a Miata maybe even a TDI Cup Challenge car.....

I dont know where the 3100lb figure comes from, but i'd say its pretty far off... but in your favor. Here's the (vague) math:

70 Challenger: 3006lbs base.
70 Mustang FB: lighter.
69 Mustang FB: lighter still.
67-8 FB: lighter still.
65-6 FB: lighter still.
65 Notch: you get the point.

The downsides would be space for meat, but thats about it. Aftermarket, weight, size, simplicity, racing heritage/info, hell... even the engine has an advantage over a SBD in a light light car. You could rule the world.

I've thought about a 67 Fastback, cloned to a Shelby GT500 with a 4.6DOHC and 6-speed, but i know nothing about old Fords and the cost ov entry is still quite high on 67 Fastbacks. I have an even more cunning plan...