Since Paul and I live in the general Chicago area, within reasonable driving distances to the local hi-speed road courses (Joliet Autobahn/IL, Blackhawk Farms/IL, Gingerman & Gratton (both SW Mich), Milwaukee Mile, Road America/WI, Putnam/IN, etc)... usually once or twice a month availablities, AND... we could even enter some of the same local pylon autocross events (one almost every wknd here in the Chgo area close to our homes), I believe we're both looking forward to doing this type of "swap-n-test?" each other's cars. We may not get out to a lot of events, but we'll do what we can as time allows (and $$, too).

Personally, I'm planning/hoping to run competitively in the 2014 Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs hi-speed autocross road course championship series (www.mcscc.org... NOT same or similar to the SCCA Solo classifications) in class B/P with the BFG G-Force Comp-2 255-50-16 tires on the 16x8 minilite rims (thanks again Paul!). The newer Mustangs are in a different classification for this MCSCC series. Regardless, all that will be most interesting is to see the results of the lap times at day's end. Tires will make the biggest differences in any car's timed results (along with driver's skill/experience per each track), example: Hoosier A6 tires will typically reduce about 2~5 seconds per lap (about 2-miles), and some of the cars in that class (B/P), and many others, are already running Hoosiers (the car and/or tires are trailerd to/from the events). I'm planning to just drive my car to/from the day's events on the GForce Comp-2 street tires (maybe... get a small tow-behind utility trailer and get a set of Hoosiers or something else, again, but all that adds up to $$$ which I'm on a tight $$ budget for my car-playing allowance, etc). I just want to get back out onto the track again and enjoy the car best as possible.... maybe I'll be succesfull and become obsessed again. The car is pretty strong and reliable but anything could happen... and as I'd drive it to an event... I intend to also drive it home after any such event.... (basic spare parts/tools are brought, just in case).

IF there's any other fellow "Handlers" amongst us within this ongoing thread, and you're within reasonable driving distances to some of these mentioned locations, matbe we could get together and share our "on-track" experiences for any given day/location (pylon autocross and/or road course??? Consider your plans for 2014??? I'll send out some event schedules whe they become available for 2014. And.. this doesn't have to be just here in the Chgo area... it can be other locations... anyone else willing to post when their schedules come out???

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!