Quote:

Look, guys, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufEpb_WIR0

I hate that video. That is not a good representation. Period.

Quote:

Wait, what was the question?

Quote:

So if you could only have one (limited garage space) would you try and get an old Mopar B/E body to handle or just sell it and get a newer Mustang 2011 - 2014 either a Boss 302, Roush Stage 3, Shelby, Saleen etc etc........

This is really a 'to each their own' kind of question. Those that want something individualistic stay with an old mopar and put up with the shortcomings. Those who don't care about appearances, want something that is comfortable on the street, and want performance on the track without any worry sell the mopar and get the mustang. Then there are the fortunate few who can afford both.

Quote:

Dollar for dollar give me a lightly used Mustang GT with a supercharger and some Griggs stuff. I've seen what those cars can do and it is sick.

And guess what, the new C7 Vette will crush everything.

Without question, if the only 'rules' to the challenge are total dollars spent, I could build a track car out of an old mopar that will beat your theoretical supercharged Mustang GT. But, like stated before, the 'whole package' will fall short (streetability, maintenance, etc).

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course