Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

One thing that stops me from getting a modern pony car is the fact that I would be driving it daily. There comes a time when you forget about what you're driving as you're doing 65 and a dirty construction truck ends up in front of you and you just want to get out from behind him and his crap peppering you. You end up bored behind the wheel and the car you bought to "treat" yourself on the weekends becomes another appliance. A friend of mine drove his blown, nitrous fed 98 Viper GTS so much he got bored with it (and sold it).

So I keep my old Mopar, play with it as much as possible. Realize that it will never perform as well as a new car (which only get better year after year) but the smiles it consistently puts on my face when I choose to drive it makes it all worth it.

A fairly good point I might add. I was actually thinking about doing this. Trading in my 2011 Scion tC for a 2013 Challenger R/T but I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with the payments and the loss of gas mileage. How much more fun could you have in a Challenger when your stuck in traffic 90% of your commute? It would be just as much as an appliance as my tC. I've also debated selling my tC and getting a nicely done up older car as a Daily Driver. I'm sure that would ruffle some feathers with the family.

That the other big plus with the Mustang, fuel milage, out here on the flat prairies I can drive 70mph and not drop below 30mpg on regular. It's better on fuel than my 09 Ford Ranger 2wd 4 banger reg cab.

I tried to compare the two, but my tC gets estimated 23 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. Right now I average approximately 25-26 mpg mixed driving. If I go to the Mustang, which I thought about, I believe they get 19 mpg city and 29 mpg highway. I'd figure I'd get about 22 mpg out of it. By looking at the dealerships' websites, I've seen R/T Challengers at just about the same price as V6 Mustangs after rebates and incentives.

This is one I was debatiang on looking at for a brief moment:
http://www.mcpeeksdodgeanaheim.com/new/D...cd282a9a176.htm

Well you can't go to wrong with the Challenger at that Price!

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel