Quote:

Weight penalty and gear selection does not go lower than 3:54?

If you run a 26" tall tire with a 3:54 ratio on the highway with a non overdrive transmission at 65MPH in drive your close to 3000 RPM

On the Road Runner I just sold the 8 3/4" had a set of factory (Not for that car) 2.94 sure grip chunk with a 26" tall tire and in drive 1:1 the RPm's are just under 2500 at 65MPH

So for a 500RPM drop at 65MPH in drive and if your engine makes gobs of torque the 2.94's are a great option to higher in the rearend gearing so your not a dweeb RPM'ing the engine at 65MPH ........

So in order for my driving style on the highway I would like to install one of Passon's 855 5 speed transmissions into the Challenger

hmmm..you got my wheels turning. I run 3.91's and a 28" tire in my Challenger, it's perfect around town but can be a bit busy on the highway. I was figuring 3.54's and the Passon O/D 5 speed would be good to go even with a 26" tire in comparison. I gotta research what 18" rims and a 28" tire looks like, might be prety stupid looking to the point where I need to stick with a 26" tire... I am on the 855 wait list, we'll see what happens, at the speed my body guy is working I feel confident I will have the trans before I need it.