Quote:

Next to Mitch's Challenger, this has to be one of the lighter Challengers out there. Not a slam, but I think you pointed out the simplest reason in that many don't think about not adding weight and they start adding this and that and before you know it, you have a 3800# E body. My '74 Challenger was the biggest pig in my collection at 3600+ My '67 was the lightest street car at 3200# with full undercoating. I did get one of my drag cars down to 3000# without swiss cheesing it and using all steel panels, but it was gutted pretty good and I sorted through stacks of parts to find the lightest combinations of pieces

That weight i posted was the current (6cyl/3-speed/7 1/4") 'survivor' weight, adjusted for the heavier stuff i added (so it looks pretty in my driveway) and the stuff missing or already removed. Again, i'm not weighing this stuff on a bathroom scale here, and i have mounds ov collected info.

The 74 E-body is a heavy car. I wouldn't be surprised if it shipped pretty much equal weight to a similarly equipped late 60's B-body, or heavier. But again... my 72 Charger SE was a heavier car still... 3900lbs the day i bought it (with very lightweight 14x6" aluminum slots). It was all-metal with VERY little in the way ov lightweight pieces (and quite a few very heavy things i would never use on my Challenger) i had that tank down to 3550lbs empty.