Quote:

Pale

I have been doing this Mopar thing for a long time.....over 25 years now. Cars come and go. I have had many some stay longer than others and this one has been around many years....14years to be exact. It's time for this one to go.

Some people just sit and watch a project car in their driveway. This car has never been sitting....I have enjoyed the tuna boat every year I have owned it.....burning up the tarmac....

Truth is I had my mind made up to sell the car came long before the thread.

Then I spoke with Mr. Angry concerning the cross roads I was at with the project....Either dump 30K into this 72 Runner to make the car I wanted it to become or sell it and move on.

From Mr Angry:
Quote:

The Mustang is by far the best way to go. I hit the track at least twice per month, I'm an instructor with NASA and an automotive journalist which means I get to drive just about everything under the sun. Bang for the buck the Mustang cannot be beat. I purchased a new 2013 base model GT last year with the track pack and the Recaro's. It's been bullet proof and has the capacity in stock form to compete with much higher dollar cars.

Now... if you want to step your game up even more, look at a Camaro SS with the 1LE package. That will out handle the Mustang as it has better suspension and much wider meat all around. However it will run about 5-6k more.

Then from Dan @ hotchkis :
Quote:

Quote:

As I've watched this thread, I can add that my cool T/a is still one of the most popular "pony cars" at shows and any autx/road course events. I love driving it.. handles great, etc.

Last night (Fri) I went to a local show ~500 cars (w/o my T/A) and I looked over ~5 new Boss 302 cars.. very impressiven (I prefer the SC500 supercharged model). I asked and one owner allowed me to sit in his Recaro seat.. very good bolster!.. (similar to my seats in my Chally). Of interest, the owner told me that he paid ~$40k; and... when you buy a new one Ford offers to take you on road race tracks to "teach you how to drive your new Boss 302 car...".. that's cool! Ford is really catering to the pony car market better than any other mfgr. I hope to actually "compete" against these new Boss 302 cars at some local road race tracks (when I eventually have better sticky tires)... I believe that I could stay with them (excluding the highest speed tracks where O/D becomes required), maybe do better than a few.... but as we all know.. the "nut behind the wheel" will make the most difference.

At the last SDR-SCCA Autocross a friend of mine was doing some 200tw tire testing in his Mustang on the Saturday practice while I was running the Challenger. The fastest tire he tried was the Falken 615K, and with those was about 2 seconds off of my pace. The following day, when he was back on his slicks, he had me covered by about a second. He is a really good driver and is in the running for a jacket in ESP with a bone stock 2012 5.0 with tires.

Since Im currently not extremely wealthy to own a shop to store a large collection I will have to be content with owning one or two at a time....this one just has to be the one to go. Not a big deal they are only cars that need to be driven and not sit on a parking lot in a car show.....

Good luck with your build. I wish you the best of luck in obtaining your goals.

Well your 71 is a really nice car! I hope you find a buyer for it so you can get your next ride, did you take off the moni lite wheels?

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel