Of all the Mopars, I love the 69 GTX convertable the best. I will never forget my school teacher ordering one in 69'. If you worked hard, got the best grade etc. he would give you a ride in it. Probably scarred me for life! LOL. I was never able to find one so built the only convertable B body I could find, my 66' Coronet. I was at the Grand Run with the Coronet in the show a couple of weekend ago and every other person who looked at the car asked if I had seen the "original" 69 HEMI GTX convertable on the strip? I spent two nights, walking the strip until I found it. Very nice young man from the Dallas area had brought it up. It has been in his family since the early 80s. I talked with him for some time. The car has over 90% original paint! Even seems to have the original neg battery cable! Although rough from age, the car showed just over 11,000 miles! Of course it was greeen. The car had been given to the young man by his father with the understanding that it would never be sold or restored. He is a member here and I am suprised that he has not posted the car. I would encourage him to do so. It is the most amazing GTX vert that I have ever seen being original in so many ways. The car had a very interesting history that he shared with me. Sorry no pics, it was late at night, dark, duh! and I did not have camera with me. Trust me, it was worth the whole trip just to see this car. The offers that the very nice young man had turned down were unbelievable so perhaps that is why he has not posted. He can't sell or trade the car under any circumstances due to his promise to his father. I respect that in an honorable young man, hard to find these days.

7400268-DSCN0320-001.JPG (204 downloads)