Quote:

Here are a few that have been on eBay in the last couple of years.

Top right F5/Black GTX is a disaster.
I owned this car for 24hrs.

The first and last car I ever bought w/out an inspection.
Owner was not available on the weekends and I could not fly there during the week.

It was for sale at a small collector car dealership in PA.

Owner swore it was number matching with no rust repair.
What an abortion.
It has a 72 transmission, the block was stamped with bogus font the whole VIN and they put 23 instead of 27 on their attempt at forgery.
The car had been back halved and the trunk rail had a different VIN on it.The dash VIN had been attached with regular rivets.
The paperwork that came with the car came with a receipt from the body shop that welded the car back together with a slavage title for the donor car..............
I guess I was lucky to get my $ back. I told him he could send it back or I would come get it personally.
I lost $1000 for shipping and told him he should pay me for that.
(It would have cost about that to get there to inspect the car) I was still pretty hot about the whole thing.

The car popped up (the above photo) at a dealership in St. Louis MO. Advertised as a # matching high end restoration. I called them and told them what I knew. They seemed dazed and confused but I pointed out I paid 30K less than they were asking for the car and I would have never sent it back if it was a correct car.

A day later I received a call from the dealer I bought the car from in PA raising all kinds of cain with me. I can't type what my response was.

Now you know the rest of the story.......

Matt