Further to the above;

- we aren't talking about "the cheese grater effect" which is actually burring on the punched hole, we are talking about the lack of the beveled cone around the hole. Refer to Bill's picture posted previously.

- galvanized mild steel takes forever to rust, even when exposed to the elements. Not sure why anyone would use stainless unless they found perforated stainless sheet somewhere with "close enough" hole spacing.

- I seriously doubt that stainless sheet was punched and then given a hot dip galvanized coating....which would look incorrect (think boat trailer or anchor). To duplicate the factory look the part would have had to have been formed from galvanized coated sheet and then punched.

- the statements that collector cars rarely get driven seems incongruous with the statement that the hole size is increased to give better performance when dirty and/or wet.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops and I'm glad someone stepped up to make a "more correct" looking alternative to the K&N. It's too bad that they aren't closer to the originals, but that's the way it goes. ...just can't stand the illogical excuses of why that is; just say it was cost effective to make them this way and leave it at that.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]