Quote:

Quote:

I have a hard time believing that most people that own cars that use those filters could give a rats azz about spending another $100.00. We are talking about the rarest multi carbed and fresh air mopars made; I don't see the logic; spend $20k buying a project car, $80k restoring it, $40k on a new shop to put it in, $25k on tools, $5k on memorabilia and garage art, $70k on a new truck and car trailer to take it to the shows and races that are too far to drive through, but $100.00 for an air filter?? no fricken' way!!

Dave

That may be the way it works in your world, but in mine it's a fight to spend any money on the damned car and what gets done is done as inexpensively as possible. And yeah it should have one of those filters on it but as long as they cost substantially more than a K&N, it won't.

Well Bob, my comment was tongue in cheek and was meant as a bit of a humorous commentary on how much time, effort and money many put into this hobby. I know it's tough for many of us right now and I suspect that the reality is that most people who are on a shoestring budget aren't the ones in the market for a repop original style filter for their Hemi E-body. For many, it seems the K&N is a valid choice.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]