Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If Mopar Performance is still selling there air cleaner I would think that they could influence Fram!

Unfortunately Fram is insistant on a 1000 piece minimum. Mopar isn't willing to buy that many of them all in one shot.

If they can't be bothered I'm sure one of the Pacific Rim countries will have their orange FRAMM (yes two "M's" ) or "FRAN" filters for $25 that some vendor here in North America will be selling for $150+ by the boat load, just like the Pacific Rim $1500-$2200 knock-off A12 air filter tray that takes that same oval air filter. Those countries don't give a stink about trademarks, patents, copyrights or anything when there's a Yen/$ to make.

I can't believe that three or four top Mopar vendors can't get together and put a 1,000 piece order together at 250 each vendor..duh. As I said in another thread on this subject K&N doesn't have a problem continuing to make that oval filter and a lot of those are sold because there are no FRAM filters available: duh and duh again. Fram is going to kick themselves when the Pacific Rim knock-off hits the market. Maybe I should send them this link or wait to say "I told you so"

Mike,
The problem is ( and this is MY opinion ONLY,,,)

I have serious doubts 1000 filters will sell within a reasonable time frame.

That said, A 'reasonable' time frame will vary by individual investor / aka / how long is said investor willing to set on his money before a profit comes into play.

Again , this is just my opinion only. based on sales I sold or others I knwo who also sold said filter.

Sure, I'll admit, I could sell a couple dozen right now. But IMO I think most of the recent inquires are based on fear they'll never return.

And btw, I was told a cost per item to start them up again, but I was asked to keep that info to myself. Remember Frams suggested retail was over $100 - average wholesale dealer costs was in the 50% range

do the math