Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WISEguy ......

So WHAT are the cost #'s ?

i last heard, according to fram, a 1000 piece order minimum for retooling, (i believe the original stuff from the CA332V were destroyed, or something of the such. either way, new tooling is required.) @ $50 a piece. so, a $50,000 dollar nut to crack to get them made. quite an investment. but, you would think if several parts houses/companies went in on it together, and agreed on maybe a minimum price, you might be able to pull it off......

I didnt realize it was that complicated, but makes sense now.
Did they discontinue repops?

There is no RETOOLING cost, Fram has had the tooling and the tooling has been paid for. The last production run by Fram was only five or six years ago for the last batch IIRC. That's just a basic fee for setting things up and scheduling the production...don't know why it would be a fee so much higher than starting from scratch??????

What's going to happen is the repo's are coming and no one will ever buy a Fram manufacture air filter and I wouldn't blame anyone for doing that seeing how Fram is ignoring the demand at the moment. Someone at Fram marketing should realize how things like this make and break a manufacturer's reputation and product image.

I avoid buying anything made by FRAM even more than ever because of this.......and the fact that their oil filters suck