Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Forgive my ignorance. But if reproductions have been made once already, why would anyone have to "tool up" to make another run??

EXACTLY!

Quote:

There is no RETOOLING cost, Fram has had the tooling and the tooling has been paid for. The last production run by Fram was only five or six years ago for the last batch IIRC.

My point was not the cost of making tooling, but you still have to set the assembly line to manufacture. And that quite likely means removing another product from assembly while making this one.

Understand but one of the Pacific Rim manufactures will have one here shortly and there will be no need for Fram to do anything anyway. Just like the chrome valve cover breathers for the '68 and '69 models that are now available there's no reason to look for a good original or to get an old worn original re-chromed....80+K '69 road runners and then there's the GTX, R/T, Super Bee, etc, that used that filter (I know it was a small number that had the air grabber/ramcharger but there are also people that want to add that system, like me).....someone is going to make a buck or two and it won't be Fram.

Hey FRAM ITYS