Quote:

Quote:

I have a hard time believing that most people that own cars that use those filters could give a rats azz about spending another $100.00. We are talking about the rarest multi carbed and fresh air mopars made; I don't see the logic; spend $20k buying a project car, $80k restoring it, $40k on a new shop to put it in, $25k on tools, $5k on memorabilia and garage art, $70k on a new truck and car trailer to take it to the shows and races that are too far to drive through, but $100.00 for an air filter?? no fricken' way!!

Dave

That may be the way it works in your world, but in mine it's a fight to spend any money on the damned car and what gets done is done as inexpensively as possible. And yeah it should have one of those filters on it but as long as they cost substantially more than a K&N, it won't.

I thought that even back in the day they were way more expensive (2x the price) than the unsilenced CA305V filter and were only made by one other company (Purolator??) besides Fram. Then the filters were $40 - $50 for a long time and when those ran out along came the Fram remake again and they were selling for $60 - $80 until they ran out and NOW you can't find one so now they are like the ebay link above If the repo's are between $50-$80 then that would seem like the going price if they were still being made by FRAM to this day. Price of gas "back in the day" when these filters came stock on the cars have changed too can't expect a $20 back in the day filer to cost $20 today.....just saying.

I had that filter on my air grabber road runner back in '69 and thought the price of a replacement air filter was outrages then, should have bought a couple of cases, 20/20 hind sight EH