Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a lot of people may say they'll buy from the "new" batch, but when it comes down to spending $100+ for a throw away paper filter the rubber won't hit the road. i would like some paper filters but would never give that kind of money for something that will end up hitting the trash can. an offshore alternative is the only way "if" they're priced correctly.

Ever clean a reuseable air filter I'll gladly pay the extra money not to

I have a hard time believing that most people that own cars that use those filters could give a rats azz about spending another $100.00. We are talking about the rarest multi carbed and fresh air mopars made; I don't see the logic; spend $20k buying a project car, $80k restoring it, $40k on a new shop to put it in, $25k on tools, $5k on memorabilia and garage art, $70k on a new truck and car trailer to take it to the shows and races that are too far to drive through, but $100.00 for an air filter?? no fricken' way!!

Dave

Don't forget there are many more 4 bbl cars built than there were 6 pack and hemi cars. Then the number of guys that put a 6 pk on their other engines for the wow factor.

There are MORE tightwads that need that filter than rich guys like yourself ...

A lot of the air grabber 4 bbl cars, 69-71 Hemi's and 3x2 car's use them. How many are street driven enough where the filter will ever need replaced? I put less than 200 miles on my car in 7 years and it looks like new. I don't think I'll ever need another one at that price. I might buy a spare if the repro's are around $50 or so. Even at around $50, I'd still feel like someone is trying to get deep into my pocket instead of trying to help with a good repro piece!