what the heck, i'll throw my two cents on the soap box as well, as an owner of a car that uses this style filter.......

is K&N a bad filter? no way, i think it's better, but you lose the 'original look', which, is important to me......

is the new repop a dead ringer for the original? well, based on only one pic i have seen so far, no, it doesn't look the same. seems the raised perforations are missing....

does is make it irrelevant? hell NO. there is no 'factory-ish' looking filter for us. hasn't been for awhile. someone took the time to make it happen, and of course there is nay saying. i respect the fact that someone did it, and i will be buying at least two. why? A, because i will use one on my driver, and keep the original for show. B, i am selling a 340 six pak engine, and this will top it off much better than a K&N.

is it too expensive? everyone already covered that, if we are willing to spend the kind of money we do on these cars in the first place, i don't think roughly double of what one used to cost versus NOTHING is highway robbery. this is a smaller vendor, not a giant corporation from my understanding.....

also, if there is support here, who knows, maybe it will downfall into someone making an EXACT replica someday if there are not any copyright issues.

all in all, does it appear perfect? no. (who is on their first run out, and more pics are needed in my opinion)

is it a great product for us? yes, and i support all the way. there are way worse robberies and poor part reproduction happening in this mopar hobby than this filter in my opinion.......

carry on!