Today I assembled all the piston/rod assemblies, Installed the crank and installed all the pistons/rods without rings to check piston deck heights and crank indexing.
I did have three pins (on the rods) that were tight, but cleaned up easy. There was a post on turning torque, and with everything assembled (without) piston rings the turning torque is too low to measure with my ft/lb beam torque wrench. Even my click type torque wrench backed off to zero ft/lbs did not even click.
The Machine shop did a good job of getting the deck milled for zero deck height. I put a flat edge across each piston at TDC, and they were right at zero deck
I then installed my degree wheel and found TDC of #1. Then Verified TDC#6 was exactly the same.
Then verified #4 and #7 were at TDC when #1 is at 180 degrees. I verified the TDC using a piston stop that stopped the piston at 22 degrees before/after TDC or 180 (depending on which pistons was measured.) Anyhow, once again no issues and everything checked out. I still need to check crank thrust and rod side clearance.