I remember that race with Ricky Smith. Ricky was under weight and did pay the price. I Stopped following Pro Stock after the Break In and Nitros thing. I believe even Tricky Ricky took a shot at running Mopars a little later. Also Tricky Ricky was the King of the Big Motor that was running in IHRA Pro Stock.

As for Darrell Alderman man that guy could drive and I mean he could drive a lot of things on the drag strip. That guy could run a Pro Stock Bike just like the best back then.

The Nitros thing, the way the fire came out of the scoop is exactly like a nitros back fire. Was he running it,I dont care, did an intake valve hang open, who knows. Was he ever suspended for the use, NO. Does everyone really follow the rule book,well kind of they follow their interpretation of the rule book.

As for the most WINS in a season,as a percentage of races Run and Won,it would have to be Bob Gliddon.

One other thing,I still wear my Darrel and Scott, Dodge Pro Stock Ball Cap now and then,just so all the Chevy-Olds guys dont forget those years 1991-1995 years in NHRA Pro Stock.