Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fixed

I agree that the Dodge Boys weren't alone. I do know for a fact that the blocks that were supposedly vandalized weren't the only of those blocks in existence. Really, who tools up to build 4 blocks. I guess there are some of you still in denial. -Bob

Who said there were only 4 blocks made?

On that moring team member Jim Musgrave walked into the The Wayne County Speed Shop,which handled the racing program for Mopar,and found that the entire engine program had been gone over with a sledge hammer.Not just any old going over either but thouroughly and meticulously with an eye on exactly the hi-dollar,one of a kind parts needed to take Team Mopar out of the picture.

Whoever the culprits where they took out specific cylinder blocks,heads,and intake manifolds all of which were custom made with many thousands of hours worth of painstaking labor and research.Of course,ironically,this was right before the huge surge in CNC machining technology.Had this happened today any of those parts could be reproduced in about an hour by just chucking a chunk of aluminium in a milling machine,pressing a few buttons and sitting back and waiting for the machine to do the work.

Well,anyhow,it wasn't like that back then and all of the critical one of one pieces were lost,and just twelve hours before the team was slated to leave for Englishtown,NJ.Besides that the perps also painted all over the walls with a GM rules slogan and an Oldsmobile emblem.Of course the finger pointing flew in all directions but mainly at Warren Johnson.I myself wouldn't put it past the likes of him(being the biggest jackazz in motorsports)but without proof who's to say?