Originally Posted by nutso suave
DaBee -

Poorboy -

Thanks for sharing….those old pictures are awesome! The customization back then is super cool. Do you still wrench on your dirt tracker?

I quit racing back in the early 1990s when things got too expensive that it was no longer fun.

The old # 117 is a 48 Plymouth coupe. I built it as a replica dirt track car that I could drive on the street and enjoy people sharing about the racing someone they knew "back then" that raced these old cars. The coupe was built in 2011/2012 and was licensed in 2012. My wife and I (the same lady I married in 1976) have driven that car through 18 states and nearly 100,000 miles since 2012. I did have to do a few updates on it in 2018, but it pretty much is just a summer driver. The car has an EFI 3.9 V6 out of a Dakota with a 5 speed manual trans. Its fun to drive, the manual trans makes squealing the tires pretty easy, but not too dangerous for this old man. There is no AC (we are not yet AC people, but getting close as we get older). It does have a fresh air vent that makes it tolerable to drive until the temps get into the upper 80s. Its at the point I am maintaining it, not much need nor desire to wrench on it (or anything else) anymore. The coupe is for sale.

Pictures, Coupe progression.
1) Where and as bought.
2) The first round, a little rough around the edges as a real race car would have been.
3) Refining in the process, fixing things that didn't get done the 1st time. The car was only suppose to be a nice day driver for a year or two. This was 6 years and almost 80,000 miles later.
4) As it sat on my driveway a couple months ago. Still a bit rough around the edges.

The truck is the latest project. it was plated in 2021. That truck is on a Dakota 4x4 chassis with a 5.2 magnum, auto OD trans, and 3:55 gears. Its a work in progress that I get to drive. It has replaced the coupe as my primary attention at this point, probably because its a new toy. Gene

48 coupe 001.jpg100_1001.JPGP1010001.JPG100_0906.JPG