Originally Posted by nutso suave
Larry-

I remember seeing an old Plymouth when I was a little kid (3-4 years old) and my mom told me “those old plymouths were FAST!”. Maybe that stuck with me…I love those old C-bodies too. Cop car furys and those cool two doors.

It seems like the hobby has changed a lot since I first got into it too…obviously everything is more expensive but a lot of the old timers that taught and helped me are gone. Even old Ben Snobar gave me a killer deal on a 6-pack air cleaner bottom, which was unheard of!! I had as much fun making friends and learning as I did working on the car, both at home and here online. So many folks helped me out and made my project better that I miss that part of the hobby the most. Car shows, fun runs, cruise-ins, and cars and coffee are still a lot of fun.

Jim -

I like those older darts too. Big block A-bodies are no joke!
up And the other thing I miss is walking the junk yards! Back when I was a kid and you'd still see some cool old Mopars with big V8's. When I was 16 I had a '67 D100 with a poly 318 and there was still a few gems buried in the yards. And before that I'd go with my dad and I was a kid in a candy store just walking through the yards. I remember spotting a car and running over to lift the hood just to see what was under there. Old Darts, Furys, and even New Yorkers excited me.

Facts are stubborn things.