It seems I always change my mind about projects and I would have been better off buying something mostly finished. I could have sold it and bought something else if my desires changed.

I'm the same age as you and have been interested in cars since my earliest memories. I'm not brand loyal, but we had a 71 Newport and a 68 Dart when I was little (replaced by an 81 LeBaron, 80 Omni, 89 Diplomat and 91 Acclaim), the guy next door had a 70 Cuda and there was always The General Lee, so I gravitated to Chrysler products. Nobody in the family drives Mopars anymore, but I still own one.

As a kid and teenager I wanted a Muscle car, probably a 69 Super Bee would have been ideal. I lived in the rust belt with 6 months of winter so that never happened. We didn't have the space and I wasn't going to pay for storage or two vehicles. My dad wasn't going to put up with any "junk" sitting around either. My first car ended up being a 1986 Dodge Aries 4 door, although not by my choice. I preferred my brother's 1985 Buick Regal. In high school I met some guys who were into offroading, so that was when I started getting an interest in trucks. I realized that offroading was probably going to cause things to break and I wasn't going to be able to fix everything, so I never really got fully into that either. Finally, a friend ended up with a 68 Chevy C10 and I decided that a 2wd truck would be something I wanted. I originally wanted a 72-80 Dodge truck, but eventually gravitated to 61-71 trucks. It wasn't until about 4 years after I moved out of my parents house that I bought my first project vehicle, a 68 D100. Over the years I ended up with quite a few vehicles, some of which I never drove before selling or parting out.

Times have changed and so have I, so what I've wanted out of a project vehicle has changed too. My only current Mopar is a 70 D100 with a frame splice from a 77 D150. It is still in pieces and has been for roughly 15 years. I've had other projects come and go since then. Since my daily driver is a 4wd truck it fulfills 98% of my needs the D100 really doesn't serve a purpose anymore, other than being something old and interesting to drive. That is becoming less practical as time goes on. I hope to eventually finish it.

1970 Dodge d100/eventually going on a 77 D100 frame