DaBee -

That’s a great story…I love that era and the look of the cars, the advertising, and the overall feel of the time in motor sports. It’s interesting that we’re kind of in the same situation now as the early 70s, many production cars are faster than hot rods, the government is trying to strangle the performance market with regulations and impossible mandates, and gas is expensive as heck.

Topside -

Staying young (or feeling young!) is a huge part of it. I’ve been fixing up and partially restoring a K5 Blazer that fell in my lap and it’s been a blast. It’s not a mopar, but it’s so inexpensive to repair and easy to get parts. Wow. I really want another cruiser…with a little attitude.

Tahoe -

A sweptline 4x4 would be a great addition, pie pan headlight era is my favorite, with a PTO winch! 😁 I like the challenger though, if E-bodies weren’t insanely expensive I’d look into those…my girlfriend likes them the best.

Poorboy -

Thanks for sharing….those old pictures are awesome! The customization back then is super cool. Do you still wrench on your dirt tracker?

Soopernaught -

Those old regals are pretty sweet, I’d drive a grand national or one of the sleeper turbos they made. I feel you on the never ending project that sort of loses steam…it’s fun to putter on those things though. I’m restoring an old boat and it’s getting to that point.

Dart 500 -

You’re right, I went from wanting a stop light to stop light speed machine with no creature comforts and a four speed to wanting a cruiser that can light ‘em up on occasion. I guess most people either progress that way or buy a second car to cruise so they can keep their street machine geared for war. In my case, I have to drive at least an hour to get anywhere at 55 mph so having 4:10s and no A/C was an issue…both myself and the car would get pretty warm. It didn’t like driving around at 3,000 rpm for extended periods like that, it would have been perfect if I’d been cruising in the city.

IMGTX -

My Charger would run like crap, like it was about to break down on dates, then run fine after I dropped the girl off at her house.

Funny how it craps out on a backroad with a romantic view along the way home… laugh

I miss this guy as part of the hobby too.

BaconFest054.jpg
Last edited by nutso suave; 04/25/23 03:38 PM. Reason: Add response