I've missed a few updates here. Still working on things when I get the time.

I have a couple of swivel lamps for each end of the bench. The lamps survived, but their mounting hardware did not. Also, the way the benches were reconstructed, there was no lip (overhang of the top) to clamp them to. So I had planned to used a couple of scrap 2x4 4" squares with a hole drilled in the middle to mount those lamps on.

Meanwhile, one of my favorite new YouTube channels is for the Battleship New Jersey. A few weeks or so back the curator had an episode discussing the ships teak wood deck. The are replacing it, and pieces of the old deck are for sale as souvenirs, the purchase of which helps support the museum/ship. Perfect! I ordered up two squares of. Waiting for some teak deck cleaner and conditioner to come in, then I'll get them mounted. Video below. Mine appears to my eye to be WWII vintage, based on his description.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Book cabinet survived and is all cleaned up. Very pleased that all of the books, manuals, and tons of factory documents and ads all survived. Lab coats and uniforms back from the dry cleaners.

[Linked Image]

Tools are all back up on the pegboard....at least the ones I got back.You'll notice there's a lot of vacant space on this section.

[Linked Image]

This side is a little more complete.

[Linked Image]

Because the benches were not reconstructed properly, the 340 short block for my '72 Charger lost it's home (it also got coated with drywall mud and paint speckles, thank you contractors without tarps). To get it back into it's previous home, a pair of drawers (also built in the wrong place) will have to be torn out and rebuilt, then I can wheel it into the corner under the bench on this engine stand (bought God knows how long ago...I believe from the old State Fair Winter Swap Meet, when it was at the State Fairground on 8 mile). The Mopar reman small block Mopar shipping crate c1987 will have to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba