Was going to dig into the battery from the bottom yesterday. Even started to center punch the holes I was going to drill in the bottom of the case. But I thought I should make sure it was completely dead. So I checked it with a multi-meter, and the darned thing is still making volts! 2.6-2.7v to be exact.

[Linked Image]

Lacking a carbon pile load tester to drain off the remaining voltage, I added an 1157-style bulb on some test leads. Not enough voltage to illuminate it, but hoped by giving the current a load, that I could drain it. After sitting like that all night, I'm happy to say that as of this morning, I'm down to 00.8v, not even enough to create a spark when I jumper the two terminals together. So I think I'm going to call that good enough, and dig into it tonight.

Edit: Well, I would have dug into it more. But....SQUIRREL! I got distracted by another set of headers for sale. Was pretty excited about them though, so I spent most of my "old car" time tonight driving. After I got home, I did take the time to disconnect everything from the battery, flip it over, and drilled holes in the four corners. I'll let it sit tonight, with the fan blowing through those holes to try and dry the inside some more. Then tomorrow I will "connect the dots" to slice the bottom open.

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba