Originally Posted by 440sourcedotcom

Ahhhhh fantastic response, unfortunately there are some issues.....

1. My name isn't Jim, my name is Garret.... That should help you out

2. Here is my exact message, I sent you. The return request was not that good of a description, but got the problem across. The second message was through direct message. The second one had photos attached with the problem. Here is my exact second message to your company:

"Good evening, I am wanting to return these fittings. My water pump housing is from 1969 and has a 3/8 fitting for one of the pipes. I received a pair where they both the larger size versions. I am wondering if I can return them and they are both unused. The date code on my water pump housing is from 1969.

Thank you for your assistance"

3. I never sent a response email about you not responding to my message (PLUS I AM NOT JIM) and tried to work with eBay in getting in touch with you and they also were going to contact you about the issue. When they advised me your not taking returns, I tried one again to message you.....zero response to my message or return request. I then decided to have PayPal step in.

I am still willing to send back the heater fittings (I'll even ship them on my dime) if I get my money back (even if it's done by PayPal).
It's unfortunate that it took this thread for you to finally respond.....with wrong information on a different customer...but you finally responded.

Might be a good idea to get your customers straight before you respond to a post. Or just maybe return messages would be easier.

You are correct. There was confusion here. There was another customer named Jim who had an issue with the threads and would not clarify what the actual issue was, and refused to send pictures of the problem, or further explain what the actual problem was. So, when we saw this post, we assumed it was from that customer. So please accept our apologies for that. We have issued a full refund through ebay/paypal and they do not require you to return the item.

Almost everything we sell on ebay is free shipping. We normally do not accept returns on ebay items with free shipping. This fact is very clearly stated in the terms of all our ebay auctions as "RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED." The reason for this is the shipping costs are the single largest cost in selling the item, and when a customer returns the item, nobody refunds the shipping cost. On an item like those heater hose nipples, they sell for $17.95, and shipping is generally $5-$8, depending on location, etc. After factoring in the actual cost of the item itself, the cost of packaging, ebay fees, etc. If we allowed returns on free shipping ebay items, it would be unprofitable and we would not sell on ebay at all. Because of this, we list details in the description about the item. The heater hose nipples description says: " They.. feature 3/8" NPT pipe threads." Your housing that you sent a picture of looks like it has one 1/2" NPT hole, one 1/4" NPT hole and one 3/8" NPT hole. So we encourage people to ask questions about fitment BEFORE they place an order to make sure they are getting the right thing. In this case, if you would have asked or sent us that picture before ordering, we would have told you that you could have used a simple reducing bushing (of 1/2-3/8, available at any Home Depot) in the larger fitting hole, and that would have allowed you to use this heater hose nipple setup. Normally the double 3/8" NPT setup is designed for aftermarket aluminum housings which they work perfectly with.

We work SUPER hard to provide good customer service. Over the last 12 months from our Ebay sales, we have received 1316 positive feedbacks and 6 negative ones. And of those 6, some were because of shipping issues. Contrary to what some may think, we are not in charge of the management of the U.S. Postal Service. Once we hand the packages over, they do what they will with them, just the same as when you hand them your packages. But based on our feedback, 99.4% of our customers are happy. That's a pretty dang high percentage when you are selling hundreds of thousands of parts to thousands of people per year.

Again, please accept our apology for the mixup here, we assumed it was someone else and you did not provide any specifics about the situation in your post such as your ebay auction number or username there, etc. Paypal has stepped in and issued you a full refund and allowed you to keep the item.

Thank you, for the response and apology. I will be sending these pieces back in perfect unused condition because I said I would. I'll drop them in the mail on Monday. I tried doing the adapter route but due to the supply chain problems nothing was available at the five hardware stores I went too. Thank you for responding.

Last edited by TX9H6E4CUDA; 10/14/21 02:02 PM.

For the absolute best powder coating go to J.I.T powder coating, contact infomation is in my personal profile..