Originally Posted by 440sourcedotcom
Originally Posted by TX9H6E4CUDA
$19.27

That was the amount they turned me away from me ever purchasing another thing from them. I purchased some brass heater hose fittings off eBay from them. They had the correct size description and application listed in the description. I purchased them on Sept 20 using PayPal and waited for them to arrive.

Well when they arrived and I had received the wrong sized ones. No big deal I started a return, explained what was wrong in the return and waited. No response

Contacted eBay and they asked me to send them a message through eBay to see if they would respond to that. I sent a nice message explaining what was wrong and just wanted it corrected...nothing, no response

I talked to eBay and they just informed me that 440source is no longer accepting returns. There is nothing much they can do

I now have started a claim with PayPal.

Yes I understand it's not a large amount but I just wanted the correct part. The pieces are unused and I wanted to send them back for the correct ones.....nope. It's sad to see a company in a nitch markets to not provide good customer service, provide the correct part, or have a return policy when they send you the incorrect part.

We responded to your message on ebay within 1 day with the following exact text (cut and pasted from our ebay message:)

"Hi Jim, yes we sell hundreds of sets of those and don't normally have any problems with the threads. Can you send a clear picture of the threads? We can compare your set to what we have on the shelf and see if there is some kind of defect. Also, can you chase the threads in a die to clean them up?"

You did not send any pictures of what you were describing, so that we could get an idea of what was going on. You did not respond at all to the idea of possibly chasing the threads to clean them up, a solution which would likely solve the issue in less than 2 minutes.

Instead, we received the following message from you:

"OK 440 source, U haven't answered so I will have to stop payment on the items & you can then tell me how to return them to you. They look good but DO NOT HAVE CUT THREADS."

Then you filed a dispute with Paypal.

If you would have shown us what you were talking about, and the item was proven to be defective in some way, we would have sent a replacement right away at no cost to you.

Likely paypal will allow you to keep the item and your payment for it. This happens often on ebay and forces the prices higher for everyone else.

Please feel free to use other suppliers for your Mopar needs in the future.

Ahhhhh fantastic response, unfortunately there are some issues.....

1. My name isn't Jim, my name is Garret.... That should help you out

2. Here is my exact message, I sent you. The return request was not that good of a description, but got the problem across. The second message was through direct message. The second one had photos attached with the problem. Here is my exact second message to your company:

"Good evening, I am wanting to return these fittings. My water pump housing is from 1969 and has a 3/8 fitting for one of the pipes. I received a pair where they both the larger size versions. I am wondering if I can return them and they are both unused. The date code on my water pump housing is from 1969.

Thank you for your assistance"

3. I never sent a response email about you not responding to my message (PLUS I AM NOT JIM) and tried to work with eBay in getting in touch with you and they also were going to contact you about the issue. When they advised me your not taking returns, I tried one again to message you.....zero response to my message or return request. I then decided to have PayPal step in.

I am still willing to send back the heater fittings (I'll even ship them on my dime) if I get my money back (even if it's done by PayPal).
It's unfortunate that it took this thread for you to finally respond.....with wrong information on a different customer...but you finally responded.

Might be a good idea to get your customers straight before you respond to a post. Or just maybe return messages would be easier.

Last edited by TX9H6E4CUDA; 10/14/21 02:32 AM.

For the absolute best powder coating go to J.I.T powder coating, contact infomation is in my personal profile..