Originally Posted by DaveRS23
... this is another case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Not considering 440 Source *or any other competitive supplier* for future purchases does the buyer far more damage than it does the offending supplier. But if it makes you feel good, go ahead. And trying to rally others to that position will likely fall on deaf ears, too. Which is the only reason to post a bad experience.

We recently had a less than stellar experience with 440 Source, too. But to cut them off would cause us more problems than them. And would fix nothing.

Good luck to the OP with his other suppliers. If he takes this tact with all of them, he will run out of suppliers because no one is perfect. Especially today.

Did you tell 440 Source about your "less than stellar" experience? .. I wonder what their reaction was..
The OP didn't say he will stop buying from "any other competitive supplier".. ? That's exactly his point - he will go elsewhere.

It makes sense to engage the vendor, especially if the mistake is the first time. What I notice is that the problem was caused entirely by 440 Source. *They* sent *him* the wrong part. He gave them a chance to correct the mistake. They blocked the attempt. How is that even close to being something a customer would accept and say "OK, I'll just throw that money away and order again because I need them more than they need me", or a business owner thinks "I got my customer's money, but my mistake is his problem now, he needs me more than I need him."

- As a business operator, would you not care what quality of service you or your employees provide your customers? Would you like to hear your customers make excuses for you?
- As a customer, are you happy to see a business take your money, make a mistake, and care nothing for making it right, offer no correction? Tell you what, please PayPal me $20 and I'll send you nothing.
- Why would I even entertain buying from a vendor who doesn't accept returns? What does that say about their ability to offer a service they consider reliable?

.. have Millennials finally taken over the entire industry and honestly find it too stressful and time-consuming to operate a business with any degree of service? LOL

If there is no pushback on poor customer service, it will continue.
Cheers,
- Art

Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 10/10/21 11:48 AM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle