Originally Posted By Mastershake340

While peeling it back I noticed it was jute backed. The carpet I installed in my vert last fall was mass backing. The mass backing is very nice, fit like a glove, the trimming was a bear though with the thick rubber backing. That carpet weighed a lot, the ACC shipping box must have weighed 40-50# when I picked it up off my stoop when it got delivered.
And the thickness of it is why I had trouble getting the sills installed. I won't have problems installing my NOS sills on my project car since it isn't mass backing

Last ACC carpet I installed had mass backing along with a high cut pile design, I had zero issues with the sill plates, I'll agree the mass backing makes for more effort cutting/trimming, but makes for a better product IMHO... as far as whether shipped flat ACC/ECS carpet is better than just an out right purchase from ACC rolled up in a box, we all have our own wants and desires in regard to quality, ease of installation, price, etc, etc, just be fortunate someone like Dave Walden has seen to the effort and expense to meet those needs, personally I usually custom order a high cut pile carpet because I like the look and feel of the material, and yes I order it directly thru ACC because it's a custom order and made that day, and yes arrives rolled in a box, but has only spent a few days rolled, not like some ACC 80/20 loop inventory which could number days or years in a box, but if I had to order an OEM style 80/20 loop rug, ECS ship flat is the only way to go IMHO...now if someone could only offer a headliner delivered rolled instead of folded, that would be a blessing to the enthusiast

Mike