Originally Posted By maxfield303H1E

I'd honestly like to know how the other poster can guarantee that ordering on a Monday, say, will guarantee that your carpet was made when your order was placed. You could still get carpet from inventory that has sat rolled up for a many weeks or longer.

I am not in a position to guarantee anything, I am not in the business, just passing along what the high end Mopar shop that painted and partially reassembled "money pit", my T/A project, told me they do rather than order the higher cost shipped flat carpet. With a Rock Auto gift certificate I won at a car show earlier in the season about to expire, and the carpet in my FK5 convertible looking faded and a bit ratty, I tried the shop's carpet advice, ordered over the weekend, it arrived from ACC Thursday or Friday, laid it out immediately, and I have a hard time imagining it could have been any flatter if I'd ordered "shipped flat".
Fit my into my car's floorboard perfectly. Required lots of trimming though.
My understanding is the ACC carpets are stored flat until they are rolled up to put in a box to ship an order.
Your results may vary.... wink

Originally Posted By Pynzo

I checked Rock Auto. I can order Dark Blue from them, ACC carpet. $135 shipped. Mass Backing about $40 more. Is the mass backing worth it?
One more question- does rolling the carpet affect the 4 speed hump?
Thanks!

Not that I can tell. Looks fine in "money pit"
The biggest issue I ran into installing the frugal car guy method flat ACC carpet was getting the sills on. The ACC carpet is thick! I cut a relief in the lower carpet section under where the upper section overlaps, had a friend pushing down on the sill while I put in screws, etc, still had to use a rubber mallet on the sill in a few spots to get it in place well enough it didn't rub the door panels. I have 30 year old NOS sills for money pit, dreading finishing the carpet on that car, as I am not using a rubber mallet on those NOS sills! Any advice on dealing with that issue would be appreciated, sorry if I'm going a little OT.

10-25-15 (14).jpgIMG_0687.JPG