so after having several issues with timing, running the coyles "tru roller" double roller timing set up. and changing out to a msd blaster 3, she fired right up. And all was right with the world, until it started bubbling and geysering water from the radiator. immediately shut it down, had no clue what could have caused it. oh joy time to trouble shoot, so here we go down the rabbit hole;

So the radiator is a thicker 2 core out of a 80's ramcharger with ac, copper/brass, capped it put a gallon of distilled vinegar and topped it with distilled water, gave it a 5-10 minute shakey shake, let it sit for an hour vertically so all the crap would settle at the cap, did that for about 4 hours, got it nice and clean before the install.

****TSTAT WAS OUT THE WHOLE TIME OF BREAK IN******plugged the lower rad hose and filled up the block with garden hose water, once full popped the plug and continued to flush block the best I could to get all the crap out.

best thing I can figure is the arp head studs need a retorque, and the main reason I went with studs instead of bolts is a better clamp load, and yes I cleaned, cleaned cleaned the crap out of the bolt holes, bottom tapped them, arp lubed them.

Once I get off watch I am going home, tearing it down to get to the studs, torque checking them and if any turn break them all loose and retorque them, put back together and fire it up......again and pray it fixed the exhaust in the coolant, weird thing was car didn't miss a beat, no knock or ping, nothing, hell we'll see. still need to get the wide band hooked up ( weld the bung in place ) and get my tune on

and as always thank you everyone for the continued help with this project
-Mike

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough