Hi guys, finally getting a chance to build up my 400BB that i have had forever, was foolish and young and listened to the advice of others and tore it down with no budget to rebuild it, now as it sits I have a 400BB , nothing real special just a '78 (date code 10-4-78) block stock bore

stock (to my knowledge) 906 heads

and i was told this is a forged steel 383 crank

the red stuff you see is HD bearing grease to protect the journals

can anyone confirm this is a forged steel crank ?

Also with this crank does my stock 400 rods and pistons have to get balanced as a whole ?

What kind of crank damper do i need to run ? one for internal balance or external ?

got a bone stock '67 727 that i am getting tomorrow from a guy here local, worked when pulled, I will still go through it before i bolt it all up together. What kind of flex plate should i use ? I can't imagine this thing making gobs enough torque to break a stock one in stock form, also does a slant flex plate fit a BB 6 bolt crank ?

I will need a cam for this and i plan on milling the heads to raise compression, is there any way to figure out how much to whack off to bring the CR up ?

I have been hearing good things about a few summit cams,

Summit Racing® Camshafts SUM-6400

Camshaft, 1-Bolt, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 288/298, Lift .444/.466,

and Summit Racing® Camshafts SUM-6401

Camshaft, 1-Bolt, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 298/303, Lift .466/.488

Any mopar cam recommendations for helping wake the 400 up ?

How much can i mill the heads before i need to worry about adjustable rockers ?

I know alot of questions, but i come from boosted slant land (max'ed at 18lbs of boost before i lost the head gasket all stock engine with a good tune on the carb) and really haven't dabbled to much in big blocks, i will eventually have an all forged as close to stock, (bore/stroke) and run a pair of holset hx-35 turbos, but for now i just need to get it running, so its gonna be bearings, rings and seals, but really looking at cam and head recommendations from those in the know

P.s

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough