I have the chuck senatore "BIG BLOCK MOPAR PERFORMANCE" book, its got a lot of good general build tips, but i feel it focuses more on stroker and all out race engines, I will have to check out that book. I would prefer just a piston change if i can help it. For right now this is a "lets get it running" build. so stock cast 4bbl manifold, was going to homeport it, block the heat crossover, 440 source heads would be nice but, not really in the budget now, being military, me and the family are getting ready to move down to keywest, and houses aren't cheap down there, and i prefer not to trailer her all that way.

Now why will the whole thing need to be balanced ? or is that just added insurance ?

what kind of crank damper do i need to run ?

do the SFI fluid damper's not care what crank they are on ?

I understand about the adjustable push rods, but even say i only knock .010 to clean up the heads, can stock pushrods still work effectively on a stock hyd flat tappet set up ?

Is there anyway to measure CC volume of the heads with out one of those fancy kits ? I mean its just a syringe and flat piece of glass with a tiny hole it right ?

I noticed on the rod oiling holes that well, they are not perfectly round, more like jagged holes, can they be rounded and counter sunk to help improve oil to the rods ?

speaking of mains and rods mains measure 2.622" using a brown & sharp 2"-3" micrometer

rods measure 2.344"

all measurements were taken in several spots at each main and rod journal.

which are .30 over(ish) size If i am correct, mains are stock,

I am going to have the oil holes chamfered and a micro polish on the crank, then get bearings after that, which bearing should choose for durability, clevite, dura-bond, etc

I haven't been able to find a domed KB piston, I did find the KB240KTM , they have a bunch of numbers listed below,

Compression Ratios
72-10.6
80-9.8
85-9.3
90-8.9

Is the first number added to the end of the part number to determine size ?
KB Pistons

I found step pistons, would they be as effective ?

again I am just trying to keep machining cost down, that and I really have no way to transport a block.

If i remember right the slant and BB share a few things in common, i wonder if flexplates/flywheels are included in that as well ?

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough