Quote:

I would but, #1 its a mild setup for now, #2 I haven't found a decent set of iron adjustable rocker's ( not real trust worthy of aluminium, and the ones that are high quality are just as much as if not more than a set of iron adjustable rockers.

Well since I haven't received any input on OP choices, I will go with my original plan, ported HV pump and cover and 1/2" internal pickup, slightly baffled pan and windage tray with extra louvers and a stepped center section, time to get fabbing,

-Mike

If you haven't already opened up the block for the 1/2 inch oil pickup you really don't need to do that, it is overkill for most motors I used the stock 3/8 oil pickup and stock Mopar 6 quart 1970/1971 Street Hemi and 440 6 pak oil pan in my 518 C.I. low deck pump gas stroker motor for year and years of abuse I did use the Federal Mogul full narrow groove truck main bearings and there HP rod bearings, both clearances where above .0030 I used Valvoline 5W20WT oil in that motor from day one, never a oiling issue as long as I kept the oil level above the add oil line on the calibrated dipstick BTW, that motor ran 9.99 ET motor only in my 3450 Lb duster through the complete exhaust system on Oregon 91 octane pump swill My main message is there is a lot of misinformation out there on Mopar oiling systems, get it(the motor) ALL right and the stock stuff works fine I have and do use the Milidon oiling parts on some of my race motors, not all of them though If your planning on shifting the motor below 7000 RPM and not having it revved past 7000 RPM at the finish line you really don't need those expensive racing oil system parts I use the high volume Mellings and Speed Pro oil pumps in all my builds, I cut the bypass spring so I have 10 lbs of pressure per 1000 RPM of intended use, that is with hot thin oil The 518 motor had 18 to 20 lbs idling at 850 RPM with 180 + F oil temps, it would have 35 lbs at 1200 RPM and 65 lbs at or above 5500 RPM withthe 3/8 pick up and high volume Mellings oil pump with the spring cut back a coil or two IHTHs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)