so got the block spotless, and guess what a few of the cylinders got some deep pitting, its bad enough after running a "dingle-berry" hone to knock off the varnish i could clearly see the pitting. Oh damn now i have to bore it out, So what do you guys recommend for a really good forged piston ?

Also how much HP/TQ can stock 400 rods take ?

I think it would be a good time to upgrade the rods to h-beams, any good brands out there that can take a bunch of abuse ? looking to make around 400+ crank HP, and going either blown or boosted, but i want to build a stout forged bottom end.

Speaking of bottom ends, already drilled out the pick up to 1/npt, suction side of the block, blended and smoothed the OP suction and discharge sides, drilled out the discharge with a 9/16 till about 3/16 from the oring.

I won't know the overbore for a few days, but I want to build this right the first time, and yes I will be keeping the iron heads for now. which i know even with porting and maybe another round of decking (had the shop just machine them enough to clean them up).

While we are at it, I am returning the cardone reman dizzy, thing is a real piece of work, it needs its mag pickup replaced because it is not only almost flush with the tanish rubber insulator, but is angled and is smacking the reluctor, I do have a few slant dizzy's lying about i was gonna take a pick up off of one of them and just install it, but aside from MSD what is a quality dizzy for a low deck, and i already know to avoid that procomp crap,

And i was thinking magnecor wires for it as well,But i am open to suggestions, already have the GM HEI up grade as well,

-Mike

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough