Quote:

See attached chart

Sorry, but I don't need that worthless chart to know how to set the pinion angle in my race car.......LOL!!

Only ONE thing to remember in a race car......Angles eat power. So while "under power" the want the driveline in as straight a line as it can possibly be within the parameters of how the parts are mounted. Set pinion angle accordingly. NOTHING else matters.

Bottom line is trans and pinion need to be equal and opposite angles under full power. If trans centerline slopes 2° down toward rear of car then pinion needs to slope 2° up toward front of car under full power.

This is where we highly disagree. Under power, I want the driveline as straight as it can possibly be given the positioning of the trans and rear. Unless it is a chassis car, chances of it being built with the trans pointing at pinion and on same planes are slim to none. So on the average type, stock chassis race car, again UNDER POWER I want the driveshaft and pinion to form a straight line and the angle at the trans just is what it is. I am not worried about what are considered proper "operating angles". I want as straight as it can be, because again, that eats less power. One angle takes less effort to turn than two. That's pretty basic stuff.

As far as tempers flaring........mine sure isn't. A debate doesn't bother me and neither does somebody trying to tell me I am doing something wrong. When I have something that has worked for me for over 40 years, without incident, going to be pretty hard to convince me it's wrong. Especially when I KNOW that people who know more than me also do it the same way.

Monte