Quote:

Quote:

better shift quality?

I have never shifted a T56, but I have shifted plenty of rail shifters, they ain't better than a fresh A833 setup. When I got eh swap done in my 87 Diplomat I could shift with two fingers.

It's not the shift quaility when driving slow. Even the Fuller transmission in my Class 6 International Harvester truck can be shifted "easily" for a slow rpm matched shift.

We are talking about kicking the clutch and tugging on the shifter at full throttle. An 833 is similar to a truck transmission and a T56 is more like a dirt bike when it comes to finding gears while racing.

I've always thought the 833 shifted great. I think we just get used to (read: spoiled) by the utterly effortless and tiny throw ov a good aftermarket shifter on a modern trans. Going back to the old yeah... it does feel like a truck. Mr. Sox ov course might feel otherwise.

MY gripe with the 833 is the lack ov shifters to choose from. When i wanted to upgrade for an easier, faster, better shifter for my 4-speed i found a pile ov options that all seemed to do the same thing... replicate the factory shifter. Little details, a little better put together maybe... but nothing that really up-graded the design. As good as the factory shifter in a Mustang can be, an upgrade makes one hell ov a difference. Because no one i know bothers to think about these things and i had (at the time) no one to ask, i ended up buying a Super Shifter 3... because it was the best one i could buy that would use my pistol grip and not involve hacking. I've since heard some bad stuff about that one too. Still haven't installed it.