Quote:

Is the T56 6 speed that much stronger than the Passion 5 speed?
Passon 5 sp is designed to take a lot of torque-i cant remember the # Jamie told me, but it's equal to or qreater than the snake charmers notchy 5 sp.

Is having 6 gears more important than 5?
Not unless you want more mpg or want to run say 90 mph at 2500rpm and like welding and fabrication

Is cutting the factory transmission / torsion bar cross-member a big deal? Yes, but if done correctly with care it becomes no big deal.

Any other opinions or suggestions on the Passion 5 speed vs T56 6 speed that I have not covered?

I would prefer the bolt on option over the weld in option. Jamie is producing transmissions and wresting with making sure it's 101 percent. I would like to see those of you whom are complaining -i consider you whiners - to do what he has done. I will road course test one someday and i am sure it will work like all the others I have road coursed. 4 speeds in both flavors std 833 and overdrive 833. Bulletproof and vibration/noise free with over 2000 shifts upndown and 130 mph in 4th.

As to availability - those whom are on the list get the product first. This is not wallmart so what does readily available really mean?

Now this is good info.....since I will be selling the 72 Road Runner as a stock car before I start investing big cash in it for handling mods like this.......

The handling parts, wheels, tires Viper brakes etc will be going into the 71 Challenger factory 318 car turned bracket race car in the 1970's. This car already has some modifications to it, roll bar etc.....so cutting the floor will not hurt as bad as if I had cut the floor on the 72 that is stock.

The Challenger will require all the parts to convert this as its an automatic car currently.